The RI Contractors’ Registration and Licensing Board has announced that as of January 1, 2020, it will begin issuing new professional licenses, mandated by the General Assembly years ago, for the building and construction industries.
The new disciplines which must become licensed include commercial roofing contractors, building inspectors, and other trades. Contractors have until April 1, 2020 to become licensed.
The Application Process for Commercial Roofing Contractors requires:
- $400 licensing fee
- Proof of $1,500,000 in liability insurance
- Proof of Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- (For Out of State Contractors) A registered agent who maintains an office or residence in state
- Has registered as a contractor before July 1, 2015 or taken the new roofing contractors exam available 2/1/2020
For more information please see the Board’s website at www.crb.ri.gov.
Or see the application below:
Commercial Roofing Contractor New Application v2
The North East Roofing Educational Foundation (NEREF) Trustees announce 2019 scholarship recipients
On June 8, 2019 the NEREF Trustees met to approve the recipients of the annual NEREF scholarships. The trustees are pleased to announce the following awards:
- The recipient of the Robert W. Therrien Sr., Scholarship is Isabella Crotta of Northford, Connecticut. Isabella will be entering her freshman year at the Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
- The recipient of the Robert W. and Beverly G. Therrien Sr., Scholarship is Amy Piccolo of Walpole, Massachusetts. Amy will be entering her senior year at Northeastern University, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The recipient of the 20th Robert F. and Marion R. Shea Jr., Memorial Scholarship is Ashley Frank of Somerset, Massachusetts. Ashley will be entering her junior year at Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- The recipient of the 18th James A. McBrady Sr. Memorial Scholarship is Lauren Schenker of Portland, Maine. Lauren will be entering her sophomore year at the University of Oregon, in Eugene, Oregon.
- The recipient of the 17th Firestone Platinum Scholarship is Aimee Dupont of New Salem, Massachusetts. Bridget will be entering her freshman year at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts.
- The recipient of the 16th Logie Family Trust Scholarship is Margaret Norton of Leominster, Massachusetts. Margaret will be entering her freshman year at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
- The recipient of the 15th Michael and Judy Meyer Family Scholarship is Joseph Castellucia of Wall, New Jersey. Joseph will be entering his senior year at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- The recipient of the 15th North/East Roofing Contractors Association (NERCA) Scholarship is Paxton Fetterman of Apollo, Pennsylvania. Paxton will be entering her junior year at Slippery Rock University in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania.
- The recipient of the 13th Eastern Architectural Representatives Scholarship is Megan Cazeault of Osterville, Massachusetts. Megan will be entering her freshman year at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina.
- The recipient of the 9th Lincoln R. McKie Memorial Scholarship is James Lane of Sterling, Massachusetts. James will be entering his junior year at the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont.
- The recipient of the 7th Thomas S. Gunning Scholarship is Vincent Maimone of Hammonton, New Jersey. Vincent will be entering his senior year at La Salle University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The recipient of the 5th James McAdam Scholarship is Brice Tolan of Abington, Massachusetts Brice will be entering his freshman year at Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- The recipient of the 1st North East Roofing Educational Foundation (NEREF) is Nicolas Mays of West Milford, New Jersey. Nicolas will be entering his senior year at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York.