Collecting Payments in a COVID-19 Environment: Strategies for NERCA Contractors
September 29 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Attorney Benjamin Lowenthal
Hendrick, Phillips, Salzman & Siegel, P.C.
This program will describe the legal, practical, and contractual measures North East roofing contractors can take during bidding, contracting, performance, and after work completion to secure payment rights and enhance the likelihood that you will be promptly paid for your work – even in a COVID-19 environment. Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
- Procedures, measures, and remedies that will assure payment and protect contractual, lien, and bond rights.
- Types of contractors and owners to do business with during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Addressing “pay-if-paid” clauses and enforceability in North East states.
- Owner and contractor bankruptcy issues.
- How to preserve, protect, and employ lien and payment bond rights and remedies.
- Techniques for successful formal collection actions.