- This event has passed.
Slate Roofing 101 Course
September 13, 2016 - September 15, 2016
The workshop is designed to be interactive and hands-on. Each roofing student will practice installation techniques on their own mock-up. They will be snapping chalk lines, laying drip edge and cant strip, installing starter course, field slates, hip & ridge slates and flashings. After the mock-up, students will learn and practice efficient repair techniques.
All attendees will be part of sessions designed to broaden your knowledge of slate. We will cover tips for effective estimating; and have session designed for networking and discussion.
- Two nights (Sept. 13th and 14th) at The Panorama Motel in Hampton, NY.
- Two breakfasts, three lunches, and a dinner (one dinner on your own)
- Complete set of slate roofing tools necessary for the workshops:
- Hammer, Ripper, Cutter & Slater’s Stake
- The National Slate Association Book, Slate Roofs: Design & Installation Manual, 2010 Edition
This hands-on, introductory course is limited to 12 roofing students (maximum 2 per company). These 12 students should have a general knowledge of roofing but do not need slate specific experience. After the 3 day course, the students will be capable of installing a basic slate roof in accordance with industry best practices.
3-Day Workshop including lodging, most meals and a complete set of slate roofing tools.
*** We encourage company owners, estimators, sales people, and project managers to attend as well. There will be plenty of relevant sessions & discussions. Please call (802-287-2295) to discuss the best options for your company. ***